Monday, January 30, 2012

Pinterest has won me over!

I avoided joining Pinterest for some time but after having all my friends and family tell me to join, I decided, why not?

Pinterest is the best thing for anyone getting married, having a baby or a Martha Stewart wanna-be. I am divorced, no babies in sight and don't do crafts as often as I used to.

What Pinterest has done for me is to inspire me to cook healthier, lose weight/tone, and start running. I was surprised how many awesome food recipes are on there and work out ideas! My friend Rachael wants me to do the Memorial half marathon this April with her and after seeing a simple 4-week running plan on Pinterest, I figured, why not? 

I've been on Pinterest for a few days and I already bought a blender to make healthy fruit/veggie smoothies for breakfast and started running.

Here is week 1 of my 4 week running plan, I did the 1st today and survived:

Warm-up
Walk
Run-Walk Plan
Cool-down
Walk
Total Duration
1st
10 min
1 min run, 1 min walk (5x)
10 min
30 min
2nd
10 min
1 min run, 1 min walk (7x)
5 min
29 min
3rd
10 min
2 min run, 1 min walk (5x)
5 min
30 min
4th
5 min
2 min run, 1 min walk (7x)
4 min
30 min

Tomorrow morning, I will make my first Spinach Smoothie:

  • 1 sliced frozen banana
  • 1 tablespoon peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup low-fat organic yogurt
  • 1 cup low-fat almond milk
  • Fill it to the top with spinach leaves
Blend and ta-da!

Pinterest provides an outlet for anyone and everyone. If you seek it, Pinterest probably has it. Assuming the smoothie goes well, it is safe to say... j'adore pinterest !

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the Pinterest Anonymous group. I currently save everything - from cereal boxes to old crayons - in hopes that I will make something out of them. I am on my way to becoming a hoarder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, the beginnings of a hoarder... I like to think of it as being "crafty" or "going green". Hoarder or crafter, Pinterest is addictive and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the dark side! Pinterest is the best :)

    ReplyDelete