Tuesday, January 24, 2012

What I learned about blogging...

For my class assignment I am going to reflect on what I learned from an article entitled, "State of the Blogosphere 2011."

This article breaks down all the blogs over 2011 and tells who blogs, why they blog, and what they blog about... pretty much everything you need to know.

One could drown in the sea of pie graphs but the section that stood out to me the most was the breakdown of the blogging dos and don'ts.

The over all message was about being active with your blogging (responding to people, good or bad) and turning any response to a positive one. This reminded me of basics taught in my public relations classes. Engaging your audience, being genuine and responsive is what makes a successful blog.

The success of a blog can be determined by how you feel about it/what you gain emotionally or financially. I hope to connect with people, learn something, amuse someone and maybe even turn a slight profit one day.


No comments:

Post a Comment