Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Grandpa is 84 years young today!

Today is my Grandpa's birthday. Yesterday he received his first birthday card... and so my story begins.

Grandpa skimmed his card and said, "...it won't open!" I advised him to actually read the front cover, then to read the back of the card. He decided for the benefit of us both to read the beginning of the card aloud, "This birthday card can only be opened by the perfect brother..." and flipped the card over to read "You mean you actually tried to open it?"

Without missing a beat, he retried to open the card. He surprised me as he grunted, "Don't tell me I can't open a card!" and ripped the glued card open!

He put the card on the table with the envelope on top and turned to me and said, "See? That's how I always do it. Stand the card up for everyone to see!" and walked away, leaving me speechless.


May I be as feisty when I turn 84, happy birthday Grandpa! 


5 comments: