Tuesday, February 14, 2012

T.V. taught me there'd be days like this...

People often say Friday the 13th was unlucky... I say Monday the 13th was my personal worst.

Yesterday I did my internship at the capital, completed my story, and I got into my car at 5 p.m. to discover some car problems. I am a stubborn woman, so I tried to make it work. After an hour of sitting in my car in the freezing cold, I cried and called my Stepmom. She called a mechanic and at one point had both him and me on the phone... with both of us talking to her at once. It's funnier the more I think about it.

After we discovered it could just be the battery we also discovered that neither of us knew how to jump a car and everyone I knew that could help was at school or work. After being in my car, in the snowy/ice surroundings for an hour and 45 minutes, she picked me up with my poor 7-year-old brother with bronchitis in the back seat. I warmed up and we ate some prime fast food.

After Harry, my biological father, got off work, he met us at the fast food joint. I joined him and before we could jump my car he needed to go back to work because he forgot his murse (man + purse = murse). So we had to go to Moore to get the keys and the security code to his work. Ah, but someone should of told Harry to press "End" after the code, so the alarms went off with only the two of us there after hours. At this point all I could do is laugh.

After 15 minutes and surprisingly no police, we took off for Harry to grab a burger. I saw a trash can on my side of the road so I asked Harry to slow down and I rolled down my window. I threw my cup, it spun, I hit it again and... I missed. So I littered on  top of everything else that had happened *sigh*.

"Yes, I have jumper cables in my trunk!", I repeatedly told Harry. Once we reached my car at the capital we discovered that I ...uh... did not have them after all. SO, off to the Wal-Mart by Penn Square Mall.

With fresh new jumper cables in hand, we finally jumped my car; except that it still wouldn't work! So we just needed to remove the battery and have it tested tomorrow... oh, but we didn't have tools.

Luckily by 11 p.m. my best friend, Elaine, was free and was able to drive to us with tools. So by midnight, I was finally done for the day.

Today, the day of love... my car works! Long story short, a new battery equals my car works again!

Best Valentine's Day gift, ol' Pearl works now!


5 comments:

  1. Oh no! That would definitely be a bad day! I'm glad it got fixed fast. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I am sorry about your bad Monday. At least she is all better now! Hope the rest of the week is better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been a pretty good week since. Having good friends and family makes all the difference!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah! I am sorry to hear about that! But at least you got some help!!!

    ReplyDelete